A search engine or a Geek portal? Wolfram Alpha


Have you ever wished your favorite search engine would directly answer your question? This appears to be the idea of WolfRam. You make a question in plain English, just don't use slang, and possibilities are that you get an answer. As an example, I tried asking What was the weather in New York when Michael Jackson born?, and true is that I didn't got what I was looking for, but just because there is no weather records for that particular date, August 29 of 1958... But the question was clearly understood by Wolfram, and it provided me with some related information, like the birth date of MJ and a graphic with historical temperatures for August 29. Cool uh?
  • No registration
  • Plugins available for major browsers

[Go make a question]

or


7 comments:

  1. NIce post...thanks for the info....I've also tried WolframAlpha, but somehow I did not find it that interesting....I mean when Google answers most of your problems, there is very little application for such a site by common netizens

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried WolfRam Alpha and I love it, it's really so cool and useful. I heard you can even enter musical notes and it will play them back for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. its really cool man....i liked it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet search engine like that. Thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is good. Sometime we need answer of something on search engine. This site directly run to what i'm looking for..
    It's cool. thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello there. This is really amazing. I wondered if there is something like that a lot of time ago but I couldn't find anything yet till now. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is really great. I managed to find the weather on MY birthday! Very efficient search engine, I like it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Comment on this funtastic link